Thursday, May 18, 2017

EUROPE TRIP 2016 - PART 2: SCOTLAND


After spending a few magical days in London, England, my friends and I made our way over to Edinburgh, Scotland. To be perfectly honest I didn't have any major expectations for Scotland. Of course I was excited to go there, but I didn't really know much about the place. The extent of my Scottish knowledge stretches back to primary school when we were doing a project on our family tree and my family informed me that I have Scottish roots...that's it. So, Scotland was essentially a mystery to me. 

Side Note: If you read yesterday's post you'll understand why I don't have many photos from the beginning of my trip (if you haven't read it yet, no worries! just click here :)). So, I tried to make do with the few photos I managed to salvage from Scotland and I also threw in a few Instagram photos (@brittanyalexandrataylor) that I posted while I was there.


When we arrived in Edinburgh we were all in awe of how incredibly beautiful it was. No joke, it seriously looked like a fairytale town. Our hostel was also really cool and located in the perfect spot (near the castle, the pubs and very close to all the shops). 

Tip: If your ever in Edinburgh and tight on cash, I highly recommend hitting up Budget Backpackers for the duration of your stay. 


While in Edinburgh we met a bunch of new people and made some new friends. People there were super friendly and outgoing. We spent our days there exploring and visited Edinburgh Castle, Holyrood Palace, did LOTS of shopping along Princes Street and also checked out Princes Street Gardens (pictured above). 


My favourite thing about Edinburgh definitely had to be visiting Princes Street Gardens (I know I only have a few photos of it, but you can still tell how absolutely gorgeous it is) and also, getting to learn more about the town. Fun fact, Edinburgh is actually known as one of the most haunted places in the UK and for someone who loves ghost stories and being creeped out, a ghost tour was definitely on our list of things to do while we were there. 

Tip: Don't pronounce Edinburgh with a hard "g" (you will get judged), it's pronounced "ed-in-buh-ruh"...we learned this lesson real quick

 

Even though we didn't have many expectations for Scotland, Edinburgh made a huge impression on us. We had such an amazing experience while we were in Scotland that it ended up being one of our top favourite places that we visited on our trip!




 


 



 



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Brittany Taylor | All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates by pipdig